4th EFETA Conference
Friday 12th May 2017
Dun Laoghaire Golf Club, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Past, Present and Future of Therapeutic Riding Programmes in Ireland
We are delighted to announce our upcoming conference on Friday 12th May 2017.
As you will see from our schedule with highly regarded and well known line up of international presenters, practitioners and researchers – not to speak of the horses who will be part of the demonstrations and interactive work in the afternoon, this promises to be informative, current and highly relevant to all those involved or interested in learning about therapeutic riding programmes.
- Introduction & overview of the development of Therapeutic Riding in Ireland - Dr Jill Carey
- Therapeutic Riding and Hippotherapy Similarities and Differences - Sanna Mattila-Rautiainen, Physiotherapist & PHD Student
- Horse Welfare for the Therapeutic Riding Horse - Dr. Martine Hausberger, University of Rennes
- Story of starting a Therapeutic Riding Community in Connemara, Co Galway - Jean Mullan
- The Impact of Bitted and Bitless Bridles on the Therapeutic Riding Horse (Study No. 2 2016) - Clodagh Carey
1 Hour Afternoon Practical Sessions at Festina Lente Equestrian Center, Old Connaught Ave, Bray, Co Wicklow
- Demonstration of Hippotherapy using long lining - Sanna Mattila-Rautiainen, Physiotherapist & PHD Student
- Maintaining the physical well-being of the Therapeutic Riding Horse - Karyn Jamieson - Chartered & Veterinary Physiotherapist
- Optional meeting for those interested in the development of a National Association of Therapeutic Riding
Who is the Conference beneficial for?
Therapeutic Horse Riding Coaches, Yard Managers, Equestrian Centre staff, Vets & Vet Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Equine Physiotherapists and Healthcare Practitioners and those interested in learning more about the power of Therapeutic Riding Programmes and it's effects on people and equine
To book please click here to go to the 2017 Registration Page.
Any queries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download the Full Conference Schedule.
Click here to view the Biographies of our Speakers.
Veterinary Council of Ireland vet and vet nurse members will received 6.5 CVE Credits for attending this conference